If you need help with a pattern, click here and you should find patterns for each theme.
Remember, you receive bonus blanket bucks for every theme blanket you turn in. Also, bonus blanket bucks are given for every patriotic blanket turned in
TIP OF THE WEEK:
When you are trying free motion or are not comfortable with your free motion stitching, try using a busy print for the backing - it will hide mistakes and "oopsies."
Trudy Novak, Coordinator 2039 Del Moro St. Klamath Falls, OR 97601 541-884-2438 541-892-1354 Fax: 541-884-5892 Email: email@example.com
8970 children have received blankets from Project Linus Klamath/Lake and Jackson Counties and Siskiyou County CA
Make a Blanket Day 2014
is ready to roll on April 26 at 9 am, Klamath Community College.
Challenge quilts should be made around the theme " P a t r i o t i c P r i d e ."
Signups are open and limited to 100 people.
Please tell us if you plan on attending Tater Patch's sale before coming to the sew day.
"The best kind of sleep under heaven above, is under a blanket handmade with love."
Project Linus had its beginnings in December 1995 after Karen Loucks was inspired to make blankets for her local children's cancer center. Since then, Project Linus has expanded to include children who are seriously ill or traumatized in many ways. To date, over 400 chapters of Project Linus exist nationally, with more than two million blankets donated to children!
Project Linus was named after the adorable security blanket-toting character from the Peanuts© comic strip. Creator Charles Shultz was aware of the efforts of Project Linus and was delighted to have Linus inspire blanket makers to help comfort children in need.
Project Linus is a volunteer non-profit organization.
Our mission is two-fold:
FIRST, it is our mission to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer "blanketeers."
SECOND, it is our mission to provide a rewarding and fun service opportunity for interested individuals and groups in local communities, for the benefit of children.
Over eight thousand children have received blankets From Project Linus Klamath/Lake and Jackson Counties and Siskiyou County CA.
Anyone, any age, can help these children. If you would like to volunteer to help, please contact us. It is within your power to make a difference!
PROJECT LINUS. . . . .DID YOU KNOW? (2014)
Here are some interesting facts and figures about Project Linus:
- Karen Loucks started Project Linus on December 24, 1995. Our local chapter began in 2007.
- Project Linus nationally has been alive for 6,577 days as of January 1, 2014.
- Project Linus National has had non-profit status since May 12, 1997.
- Our local Chapter of Project Linus donated 1,041 blankets in 2013. Since we started, we have donated 8,970 blankets!
- Project Linus nationally has officially collected over 5 million blankets as of January 1, 2014. If 60% of them are fabric, that translates into over 9 million yards of fabric. If 40% are afghans, that is over 12 million skeins of yarn.
- If each blanket is an average of 60” long, and we laid them end to end, they would stretch over 25 million feet or 4,735 miles. That is as tall as 861 Mt. Everests, or 20,000 Empire State Buildings, or as long as 83,333 football fields.
- Assuming each delivered blanket so far had a label, the cost for labels would be $150,000.
- As of January 1, 2014, Project Linus has 309 chapters in the United States. We have 198 wonderful, compassionate Blanketeers.
- If each of our 301 coordinators donates as average of 20 hours per week to their chapter, that would mean 1,040 hours per coordinator, per year. And that’s just coordinators.
Think you’re not making a financial contribution to Project Linus? How much money is your time worth? Even at a minimum wage, 20 hours per week is a salary of $8,320 in donated time per year, per coordinator. If you are talking about all of the 301 coordinators, it is a value of $2,504,320 per year.
Special Points of Interest:
We received 1,041 blankets in 2013
We distributed 1,041 blankets during 2013
Project Linus Klamath Falls/Klamath Basin Chapter is approved and registered with Project Linus National Headquarters. www.projectlinus.org